Shopping with children doesn't have to be difficult. The stock on the shelves and activities in the store provide plenty of topics for conversation. The child can be kept busy talking and asking questions. He won't have time to get into mischief!
- Talk to the child about products.
- Explain what the product is and its use.
- Tell the child what you need and allow him to select the proper item.
- Point to and sound out the letters on packages.
- Ask the child to find numbers on price tags.
- Encourage conversation between the child and your friends.
- Go to Reading Rockets and PBS Parents to find out more.