First thing in the morning and many times during the day, children get dressed and undressed. It is the perfect time to start a good conversation.
- Talk to the infant or child
- Listen carefully to answers
- Name pieces of clothing and prompt the child to repeat these names e.g. "The socks go on your feet "
- Talk about colours and shapes
- Count buttons on clothing. Allow the child to help in dressing a younger brother or sister e.g. "Bring me her yellow T-shirt "
- Supply dolls which can be dressed and undressed.
Kid Talk Video: